443 replies to this topic

#1 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

dont know what kind of reports Ill be posting this spring, but Ill kick it off with the first real trip of the spring. Fished with bill. didnt expect to find much last night, but were pleasently surprised. only fished about 4 hours but hit it right and ended up with 17 bass, 5 keepers to 35" 15lbs. fish were popping all over the goddamn place, every 5 seconds, pop... pop.... pop. with glass calm conditions with zero wind and overcast skies, it doesnt get any better, again, any better standing on a dark empty sodbank. great action for the first trip of the year, the backbays are in beautiful condition with the harsh winter and all the precip we've got over the past 6 months, huge spearing and killies everywhere, gin clear water, a little glow to it, and bass out the ass. a friggin speck was caught today... very unusual catch, although not unheard of this time of year. heres to a great spring-

Posted Image

first double header of the year, bills fish measured 28"

Posted Image

fish were all over the plugs, and all went back in the water. heading back down in a little bit to hopefully pick up where we left off.
they down there

#2 husky musky

husky musky

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Very nice fish!

Good Job.
Looking to buy/rent or sell a home?  I can help!

Roy Reuveni- Century 21 Alliance.

Direct- 484-680-6844
Office- 215-483-3131

DirtyByrd needs help! He Cant Stop!

#3 Jesse

Jesse

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:25 AM

Nice, Chris. Looks like you had a good week of fishin.

#4 Esquired

Esquired

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:03 AM

Great Report Chris - sounds awesome!

#5 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

You are the PAC shore-based barometer for when the fish are in the back bays !!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Nice catchin' guys !!!

#6 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

clear skies last night, NW wind 5-10.. still a nice night but the fish were super finicky. heard some pops, but it wasnt like the night before. I went 0 for 6. Bill got 3, with a keeper, but missed a plenty too.
they down there

#7 FlatMaster

FlatMaster

PAC Junkie

• PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

stripers=$$$$$ :)

#8 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

If any one knows good striper reports, its Chris and Bill, with some die-hard, sleeping in cars, all night shit jigging bridges, what nots. You guys def. put the time in. Can't wait for those fall hog reports all over again.

#9 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Way to do the damn thang Chris & Bill ;D 8)
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#10 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

If any one knows good striper reports, its Chris and Bill, with some die-hard, sleeping in cars, all night shit jigging bridges, what nots. You guys def. put the time in. Can't wait for those fall hog reports all over again.

hopefully youll see some spring hog reports from the surf this year...
they down there

#11 Bill

Bill

PAC Lurker

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

thanks mr fish.

one of them fish i caught was tagged also. so i called the number and gave the info on the striper and they said they are gonna send me a certificate and a hat.
Team Clank

#12 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

thanks mr fish.

one of them fish i caught was tagged also. so i called the number and gave the info on the striper and they said they are gonna send me a certificate and a hat.

I got a tagged hybrid in 02,The hat is pretty cool with a pic of a striped bass on it 8)Was it a pink tag?

#13 kozmicblues

kozmicblues

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hit an inlet Jetty yesterday, Started of as a metal bite but switched over to nonstop Top Water action with 10 to 14 lb bluefish, managed to find 2 sub 6 lbers to cull but most were big mean and nasty.  About 8 guys fishing probably caught and released well over a hundred jumbo Blues, 3 or 4 of were hooked up at a time for more than 2 hours.
The warden was checking every one walking off the jetty, but when you do not break the rules, you have nothing to worry about.

#14 Esquired

Esquired

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

thanks mr fish.

That is awesome  I lost my tag fish  hat last fall and striper fishing is not the same without it!  Now you need a money tag

#15 Bill

Bill

PAC Lurker

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

yeah i was hoping it was a money tag.But it was a pink U.S. fish and wildlife tag. im very interested in finding out where it was tagged and how big it was
Team Clank

#16 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

yeah i was hoping it was a money tag.But it was a pink U.S. fish and wildlife tag. im very interested in finding out where it was tagged and how big it was

When you get your paper work on that fish it should state the history of that particular fish,congrats anyways 8) :D

#17 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

Nice work Bill... let us know if you find out any info on your tagged striper... and as always... well done Chris.

#18 Aki

Aki

Fish 300+ days a year!

• Charter Member
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationTokyo Bay

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

Nice report Chris and Bill!
When ever I see your salt report, I feel like flying over there to fish with you guys...
Always thinking of fishing around Philly....

#19 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

keepers are plentiful down there right now, got these last night. 3 out of 8 fish were legal, from the bridges, also had a couple small blues. Sounds like the big blues are running real good in the surf and backbays right now, a pedestrian and the dude at the register in wawa both told me about the bite, so if they know about it they gotta be on. water was 52 degrees.

Posted Image
they down there

#20 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

Nice. Hmmm...maybe some salt fishing might be in order soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users