• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#441 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

It was 20".  In speaking with a few of the NJ speck hunters that I have met on the water, 20" is about average.  Some fish have come out of NJ that are pushing 10 pounds, according to legend.  Mine in the picture was less than 3 pounds.  They down there.  You just gotta dedicate your time to finding when & where they haunt.  What makes it somewhat difficult is that the season for them correspondes with striper season in NJ, so its tough to say to yourself, should I go cast my arms off for maybe a speck or two (or get lucky and hit a decent pod) OR should I go guaranteed to catch big stripers all day with relatively minimal effort?  Most people pick the second option, including myself.   popcorn

Nice speck Dano! Needless to say I have put zero effort into targeting them up here, though I have done so with good success in SC and Florida, and have them on my list for when I am in Texas. That size is about the bigger end of what I have caught down there, but I know there are bigger ones. Really cool stuff ,both Chris and Dano, for up here. I get the idea of chasing a "rare" fish. Less action, sure, but probably more rewarding. I bet catching that 20" was super satisfying!

#442 husky musky

husky musky

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

beautiful fish Dano, WTG.
Looking to buy/rent or sell a home?  I can help!

Roy Reuveni- Century 21 Alliance.

Direct- 484-680-6844
Office- 215-483-3131

DirtyByrd needs help! He Cant Stop!

#443 Aki

Aki

Fish 300+ days a year!

• Charter Member
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationTokyo Bay

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

Great catch Chris and Dano!
I remember you guys talking about speck and red for long time.  Sounds like you guys figured something out.  (At least to target and catch one)  VERY NICE CATCH!!  Congrats!

Am I going to see red fish next year? ;D
Always thinking of fishing around Philly....

#444 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

you bet!
they down there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users