11 replies to this topic

#1 Duff

Duff

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

Fished Tue evening til Thurs morning - Lavalette & IBSP.
Dead - not a hit for 3 of us. Some folks got lucky Wed evening.
Bait and fish are still very scattered. Not schooled up.

Braved the wind and rain Thurs morning in IBSP and picked 4 bass 24->28
plus a 10lb blue and lost a blue and bass. My partner lost one.
Conditions were barely fishable - Ava 27's only.
Right place right time is key. B&N reports are way over blown.

#2 Jesse

Jesse

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Thats fishing, I guess. Least you got some fish the one day.

#3 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

I'm hoping this snotty weather turns them on. I will be hitting the surf early tomorrow morning!

#4 Romo

Romo

Invasive Species Enthusiast

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the report Duff. Seen a lot of people on a lot of boards criticizing tackle shop reports, especially betty and nicks. I guess those places must be getting super desperate for business.
Kill your limit, don't limit your kill.

#5 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

I'm going to head down late tomorrow morning, and early Saturday as well. If I have no luck with bass or blues, there is still a pretty steady Tog bite.

#6 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Left the house at 3:45 am, hit the surf by 5:30. VERY ROUGH and DIRTY surf this morning...6-8 foot rollers. Wading was not possible...even getting in a little bit meant getting knocked over by a rogue wave. Had birds working in front of me at daybreak at the very edge of my casting range, for about 20 minutes. Fish were being being pushed up top and there were some nice rolls. Had a good fish on an A17 that came unbottened in the wash which didn't surprise me considering how rough it was. Only fish I landed today was a keeper sized fluke of all things on a bucktail. Tonight should be good once the tide comes back in. Lots of broken clams in the surf  ;)

#7 Doug

Doug

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:39 AM

damn Tom, looks like the salt curse continues!!!!  won't think it would have been so dirty. sorry to hear. At least you got out!!!  Do any bait dunking? and did you see anything caught?
71.11% OF THE EARTH IS WATER.....THATS ALOT OF FISH

#8 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

damn Tom, looks like the salt curse continues!!!!  won't think it would have been so dirty. sorry to hear. At least you got out!!!  Do any bait dunking? and did you see anything caught?

There was a steady blow from the East the night before which made for a huge surge in the surf. There were only a handful of guys fishing the first spot and nothing cauight there. Nobody else was at the second spot.

I don't believe it would have been possible to bait fish without a ton of weight. I didn't see anyone try.

I'll give it another go next Friday on the theory that one of these times will payoff. At least I am learning some new water. The second spot had a great pocket, which is where I got the flounder.

#9 Doug

Doug

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

it is good to learn a new area, always nice.  Hopefully next week will pay off.  At least you got out!!!!
71.11% OF THE EARTH IS WATER.....THATS ALOT OF FISH

#10 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

No luck in the surf, so I moved to the flats in the bay behind the inlet. The fish were in shallow (2'-3') on the outgoing tide. Got 2 bass 34 and 28 and a few run offs.

#11 Duff

Duff

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hit the beach again Mon & Tue. Spotty again but if you found them,
The only thing they wanted was an ava with a red tail. Even the blues !

#12 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

good to hear theres some life out there. fished the sj backbays mon and wed with a 16" bass and 2 hickory shad to show for it.. about 10+ hours of fishing. past few weeks thats about all Ive caught down there.. an odd short bass or something of that nature. itll all be worth it though, going back down tomorrow, lookin for somethin elusive.

aside from that futility had a 40" and 43" bass on plugs over the past week, a little further to the north.
they down there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users