9 replies to this topic

#1 Paul

Paul

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hey guys, I have 2 Baitrunner 4500's that are paired up with 8' Ugly Cats...  I think I wanna sell both set up's in exchange for one nice casting set up... If anyone is interested in both rod/ reel combo's throw an offer at me. Tryin to at least get enough to pick up a new casting combo. Reels are about 3 years old and have plenty of life in them. I might have an extra Stradic 4000 up for grabs too...a little beat up on the outside, but operates smoothly. Again, make an offer...
Go Big Or Go Home... Barney!!!

#2 Paul

Paul

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:16 AM

Would baitrunners be anything to write home about for carp fishing??

#3 kozmicblues

kozmicblues

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

The reels are fine for carp, the rods might be a little heavy

#4 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

They are definitely really solid carp fishing reels.  I don't really need any more reels, but if you find the stradic and its in good working condition, I would be interested.

#5 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

I would be interested in at least one if not both of the BR 4500s. Not sure what kind of baitcasting setup you are looking to put together (or even if you need RH or LH). I have an almost unused RH ABU C3 (RH) that I bought for togging but never used in SW. I did take it to the lake a few times for bassing but not too much.

#6 Paul

Paul

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

Tom what kind of rod do you have that reel on? Does it have a power handle on it?

#7 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Tom what kind of rod do you have that reel on? Does it have a power handle on it?

It does not have the power handle. Off the top of my head I can't remember the rod I am thinking of. I know I have two different ones for it...one med heavy and one heavy. I know the med heavy was from DICKS and is not a high end rod but good for bassing and even muskies. The other one I bought strictly for muskies. I'll have to check what that is.

#8 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

It does not have the power handle. Off the top of my head I can't remember the rod I am thinking of. I know I have two different ones for it...one med heavy and one heavy. I know the med heavy was from DICKS and is not a high end rod but good for bassing and even muskies. The other one I bought strictly for muskies. I'll have to check what that is.

One bc rod is a Mitchell...it is a 6'6" one piece. Nothing special...regular bass stick..medium heavy.
The other is a 6'6" Quest, nothing expensive but actually a really nice hadling, heavy, fw bc rod.

#9 Paul

Paul

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

ok thanks Tom... I was looking for something in the 7-8' range to chuck live baits and use for togging. I might make ya an offer on that reel anyway...

#10 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

No problem, I am good either way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users