10 replies to this topic

#1 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

hey guys, i just stumbled upon this terrible terrible terrible mets video that you can personalize on their site.
http://www.tixx-mets.com/
i have a few friends that are mets fans although they suck, and the stupid site doesn't even let me send them a personalized video, it just lets you share the page so they can do it themselves. i've been tryin to figure out how to rip this flash video and haven't had any success. i tried flash catcher, which didn't work. my goal is to rip the personalized video from the site, convert it to avi or something i can use, and post it on their facebook or something. anyone have any ideas?
popcorn

#2 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

Hey Flyers,

Try this...

3. Highlight the URL for the Flash video in your browser's address bar. Click with your right mouse button on the highlighted text and click "Copy." This will copy the URL of the Flash video to your computer's clipboard.

4. Go to a site such as KeepVid or YouTube Downloader (see References). These sites are online utilities that can copy Flash video from webpages to your computer's local "C:" drive.

5. Paste the URL for the Flash video you wish to copy into the appropriately labeled box on the site. Use the drop-down menu to specify which site you are copying the video from.

6. Click the "Download" button. Use the window that appears on-screen to choose a directory on your local "C:" drive where you want the video to be placed. Name your file and select "OK." The web utility will copy the Flash video from its original location on the Internet to your specified location on your local "C:" drive. You can then access the file by double-clicking on it, at which point it will open in your computer's default video player.

Read more: How to Copy Flash Video From the Internet to a Local 'C:' Drive | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1HKMiak9A

#3 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

hey doc, thanks for the tips. i think its futile though, after i customize the video, the site address is still tixx-mets.com, it doesnt change at all. its got some kid of javascript or somethin. ive tried like 9 different things  ???

#4 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Yeah... flash is tough to crack.  Seems they keep most of the content on the server and stream it through a shell on the net.

Lotta balls keeping their stuff protected likethat !!  >:( ;) :D

#5 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Yeah... flash is tough to crack.  Seems they keep most of the content on the server and stream it through a shell on the net.

Lotta balls keeping their stuff protected likethat !!  >:( ;) :D

yea thats what i was thinking, i just didn't know the words for it  :D

#6 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

What I found in the Temporary Internet Files folder was a 6.63MB FLV file of the Dicky walkout (where you put your uploaded photo), but my upload wasn't there, so he just walked out of an empty space the color of the background.  And there was a .swf file associated with the site, but it was just a white frame.

#7 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

You can create the flash video then capture with a screen capture utility. I use Snapz Pro. I've done this with similar personalized flash vids. Once you capture you can convert and edit.

#8 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

What I found in the Temporary Internet Files folder was a 6.63MB FLV file of the Dicky walkout (where you put your uploaded photo), but my upload wasn't there, so he just walked out of an empty space the color of the background.  And there was a .swf file associated with the site, but it was just a white frame.

yeah i used a program to rip that and the next video. after checking my email last night i realized they sent me a link to the customized video. so i just used that

#9 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

You can create the flash video then capture with a screen capture utility. I use Snapz Pro. I've done this with similar personalized flash vids. Once you capture you can convert and edit.

that sounds pretty cool i'll have to play around with it

#10 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

Are you a Mac user George ??  That's a Mac utility.

#11 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

Are you a Mac user George ??  That's a Mac utility.

Doc... Been one for a long, long, longggg time. My room at school could be a Mac museum. Wish I had extra money years ago and was able to purchase Apple stock. Love their products. I have a first generation iPod and it still works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users