12 replies to this topic

#1 Fillybass21

Fillybass21

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

Fished out of Lewes, DE this Saturday. They have a 10 fish limit right now. Rough w extreme current.  First time I ever used 24oz and still had some trouble holding. Managed 5 made for a fun trip cuz nearly everyone was sick so shared the whole boat w just a couple guys.  They are chewing that well yet u have to work for them but the size is there. (Only had one short) couple weeks it'll be sick. Just pray for no more full moon phenomenon messing w the current

#2 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

F-Bass 21 times,Glad to hear from you DUDE!! =)
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#3 Jesse

Jesse

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

24 oz, damn.

#4 Fillybass21

Fillybass21

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

In only 50 ft of water too. South Jersey is actually doing really good for whatever reason, being north and all. 4 fish limit doesn't do it for me plus a lot more pressure and more people on the boats. I'm not "white bucket" but I like to keep more then 4 cuz I often go w guys that haven't fished for tog so I like to try to give them a few as well

#5 FlatMaster

FlatMaster

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

I like t keep my limit.......and chris's limit too.  I know what it's like to fish with guys who can't swing a blackfish.  We had to limit Romo and his dad out one trip last December.  Chris and I had to work really hard, but managed to complete our mission.

Next month they will be in the south jersey rocks and you can go pluck out 4 in 10 minutes.

#6 Fillybass21

Fillybass21

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Well let me know when ur ready To go.I'll bring a 1 gallon white Bucket and u bring a 5 gallon white bucket. All my fish will go in my bucket urs will go in my bucket too and we'll make a large bet on who's bucket gets filled first.

#7 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

tried some "togging" for the first time today. hit the 8th street jetty in avalon from 8-11 this morning to see what all the hype is about. they were doing dredging on the beach side, i dont know if that had anything to do with my shitty day.

I only bought four blackfish pretied rigs, and 4 sinkers, 2 oz and 3 oz. had one solid bite but lost it after a couple seconds. other than that, snag city, lost all my tackle. I'll have to try again next time i'm down. the guy over at hodge podge hooked me up with 30 lb braid, and i picked up a dozen green crabs. i casted out far, close, in between. full crab, half crab, shell on, shell off, legs on, legs off, and double hook rigs. nada  ???

#8 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

Keep at it Flyers......Treat it like a game 7 ;D :)
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#9 Doug

Doug

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

i like going for TOg, but man you go through some rigs!
71.11% OF THE EARTH IS WATER.....THATS ALOT OF FISH

#10 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

I know guys who swear by float fishing for them. They use a large float 3' - 5' of leader and a circle hook weighted with 1/4 oz. egg sinker and a couple of beads above the hook. I've never tried it though.

#11 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Ive seen lots caught on the float rig.. weakie fishermen hate blackfish!
they down there

#12 husky musky

husky musky

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

sometimes for Tog you want the sinker to move around a bit and sometimes you want it in that 1 spot ya know.. I love fishing for them. if you can find a consistent bite you wont want to leave..  and BTW 4 rigs and 4 hooks are just appetizers for Tog. Never lost less then 8 rigs from a day of Tog
Looking to buy/rent or sell a home?  I can help!

Roy Reuveni- Century 21 Alliance.

Direct- 484-680-6844
Office- 215-483-3131

DirtyByrd needs help! He Cant Stop!

#13 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

You will loose some rigs, but that's part of the challenge. Circle hooks help with that a little bit. A float might help a lot.
Early in the season while the water is still cold I usually use fresh surf clam, or if I can find it conch. You can usually find fresh conch in asian supermarkets. Better get 'em soon season shuts down at the end of April.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users