123 replies to this topic

#1 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Had a nice time fishing and an even better time relaxing over the weekend.
With temperatures in the low 70's and sunshine all day long it was the perfect time to spend the day on the beach.

The catch of the day came mid afternoon just as it warmed up enough to ditch the waders.

good times!

Posted Image

#2 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

Nice one!

#3 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

Its kinda funny cause it was on opening day for flounder and the striper was actually a bycatch.
It really caught me by suprise cause I was just minding my own business dragging a little 4" twister-tail
and then my reel just went f##king screaming!
Sometimes the pic dosen't do it justice cause I swear that fish was every bit of 20lbs.

Later that night I went back to that same spot with clams but after unhooking about 9 or 10 rays I gave up.
Anyone who fishes the surf knows how damn annoying that is!
You get a nice cast off and about a minute or two later you see those little taps on your surf rod and you know your freakin screwed.

#4 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

Its kinda funny cause it was on opening day for flounder and the striper was actually a bycatch.
It really caught me by suprise cause I was just minding my own business dragging a little 4" twister-tail
and then my reel just went f##king screaming!
Sometimes the pic dosen't do it justice cause I swear that fish was every bit of 20lbs.

Later that night I went back to that same spot with clams but after unhooking about 9 or 10 rays I gave up.
Anyone who fishes the surf knows how damn annoying that is!
You get a nice cast off and about a minute or two later you see those little taps on your surf rod and you know your freakin screwed.

awesome, on a twistertail? The pic does it justice. I was thinking 37"-39" 18lb-20lb, thats a nice bass for casting from shore! surf flukin needs another month.. backbays are still iffy. bassin in the back was hot for me friday night, looots of cookie cutter 30" fish which is the norm this time of year. gotta try the SJ surf out one of these days, the big ones should be there!
they down there

#5 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

yeah I guess thats part of the reason I struck out on the flounder
I did some back bay fishing and around the inlet too but there were no takers.
I'll be back down in two weeks hopefully

#6 Dirty Byrd

Dirty Byrd

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

I have been slacking this year, havent been down the shore once! Wife has been crackin down on my fishing! I plan on getting down there friday! Nice bass Lukin! Chris, U on ur yak catchin them back bay bass?
This is the cast!

#7 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

Nice catch Luk!
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#8 Guest_Flatmaster_*

Guest_Flatmaster_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Romo, Bill, and I were able to roll into Philly with our 3 man limit of stripers on saturday.

Fluke fishing sucked!

Nice fish, Ben!

#9 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

Dirty bird, caught em wading sods and sand, havent yakked down there yet.
they down there

#10 Dirty Byrd

Dirty Byrd

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Dirty bird, caught em wading sods and sand, havent yakked down there yet.

Good stuff, keep on catchin.
This is the cast!

#11 Aki

Aki

Fish 300+ days a year!

• Charter Member
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationTokyo Bay

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

awesome, on a twistertail? The pic does it justice. I was thinking 37"-39" 18lb-20lb, thats a nice bass for casting from shore! surf flukin needs another month.. backbays are still iffy. bassin in the back was hot for me friday night, looots of cookie cutter 30" fish which is the norm this time of year. gotta try the SJ surf out one of these days, the big ones should be there!

cookie cutter 30" fish!!
SJ spring striper fisherie getting better than say 4~5 years ago?
Or your fishing skill have been improved? I guess both?
Great to hear shore report. :)
Always thinking of fishing around Philly....

#12 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

cookie cutter 30" fish!!
SJ spring striper fisherie getting better than say 4~5 years ago?
Or your fishing skill have been improved? I guess both?
Great to hear shore report. :)

We've honed in on better spots over the past couple years, no more futile shit... they run bigger in the spring than the fall. heres another one for ya aki, back down last night, slower fishing but still decent, got 2 shorts a 30" 31" and a 14lb 33", lost 3 other bass, 1 felt short the other 2 woulda been keepers, strictly jiggin. also got a short fluke and missed somethig that left some interesting teeth marks in my zoom, if you know what I mean.
they down there

#13 Aki

Aki

Fish 300+ days a year!

• Charter Member
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationTokyo Bay

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:35 AM

We've honed in on better spots over the past couple years, no more futile shit... they run bigger in the spring than the fall. heres another one for ya aki, back down last night, slower fishing but still decent, got 2 shorts a 30" 31" and a 14lb 33", lost 3 other bass, 1 felt short the other 2 woulda been keepers, strictly jiggin. also got a short fluke and missed somethig that left some interesting teeth marks in my zoom, if you know what I mean.

That's waaaay better spring shore fishing than the ones I've experienced.
I guess it won't be too long before you figure spring surf run fishes. Looking forward to hear some surf caught 30lbers.

Teeth marks... I think I get what you mean. Good luck chasing them in back as well.
Always thinking of fishing around Philly....

#14 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

just booked a backbay topwater striper trip with dan schafer of insomniac guide service, anyone ever do one of his charters?

#15 Jesse

Jesse

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

I did last year. Had a blast.

#16 PhillyFisherman

PhillyFisherman

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

~Had a drum trip canceled because of the lack of a bite. Instead my dad and I decided to head out to the wrecks on Friday. Though the NW wind was blowing and the seas were 4-5 ft. we still managed to catch! We ended the day between a group of guys with about 70 keeper sea bass up to 4 lbs. and a half-dozen cod. There were plenty of shorts as well. Plenty of drop and reel action with doubles as well!~

B)
Romans 6:23

#17 Deftik

Deftik

1337 oU7 of 7oWN3r

• PipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Wish they cancelled my trip due to lack of bite <_< :blink:
Fishing is 24/7 365

#18 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:03 AM

Wish they cancelled my trip due to lack of bite <_< :blink:

Not even a nibble? Where'd you end up going?

#19 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

Anyone know of anything biting in sea isle around july besides flounder? i am trying to change it up a bit.
Itching for some fishing.

#20 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Anyone know of anything biting in sea isle around july besides flounder? i am trying to change it up a bit.

Blues should still be around. Maybe some kingfish in the surf. Tog on the rocks, maybesome porgies. If you have some heavy gear you can try for sand tigers at night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users