#1 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

Here's a couple from the Schuylkill to get it started:

Mush Mouth 2005(missing top lip), Up by the grandstands, caught by Jeremy from England during our Summer Fish in:

Posted Image

GC a few months earlier, downstream:

Posted Image

Matt caught this mirror in 2007 at the Water Works:

Posted Image

And I caught it in 2008 1/2 mile or so downstream:

Posted Image

I have a bunch more from local waters and around the country that I will post eventually. :)

#2 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

The above fish was caught again this weekend (as seen the Carps 2011 thread :)).

Posted Image

#3 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

Mike, 2010, 20+:

Posted Image

Me, 2006, 16 lbs:

Attached Thumbnails

• mike1.jpg

#4 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

It's theorized that this fish was caught 3x-

I used to love these long shank hooks. They do make great hookups. Some Euro guys warned me that once in a while you may get a really deep hookset, and the hook will wiggle around and destroy half a carp's mouth. I really did not believe it... Until One 17 lber I caught lost most of a whole side of his lips in the battle. The fish was so bloody that I put it back right away without a photo. But twice in the following year this fish with a healed up mouth wound was caught in the same location, at the same weight, and it looked identical in my memory:

Posted Image

#5 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

The OG recapture :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rezzie the mirror. First captured in mid-december 2003. It was my first or second mirror ever. Spring of 2004, it was recaptured by Louis. When Louis caught it, we both shared the same exact fish as our mirror PB. We later went on to discover that there was a small tribe of mirrors that were residents of that area of the lake.

RIP Springton Lake Reservoir :(

#6 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

It took me 6 years to beat that PB Mirror!

#7 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

I did some digging on the last past 2 PAC sites, and was very suprised to see some of the same carp I caught over the years have been caught before.

Not sure what year this fish was caught by Louis

Posted Image

But I know I caught it 3 years in a row.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know this fish was also caught by GC, but only could find a picture of Matt with the first capture.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

This mirror has to be one of the more unique mirrors I caught thus far. I still remember a few years back when Wg had posted up this mirror he caught with very distinctive scars dow its side. Not sure if anyone else has captured this fish, by I battled this same fish 7 times last year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im pretty sure this is the same fish caught by both me and Willy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of my full scale mirrors I managed to capture 2 years in a row now. I hope I can make it a 3rd very soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

The above fish was caught again this weekend (as seen the Carps 2011 thread :)).

Posted Image

I found a pic of the other side just to make it 100% verified :)

Attached Thumbnails

• aprilmirror2.jpg

#10 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

One of my full scale mirrors I managed to capture 2 years in a row now. I hope I can make it a 3rd very soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Mike- I thought I caught that one once, but after spending a half hour digging for the photo, it's not the right fish. I bet there's a lot more recaptures going on than we even realize. I'm going to start a new thread about local mirrors so we can have a good list of them in one place for comparison, and we'll never have to dig in the old sites again. :)

Here is a 17 lb full scaler, it was my pb until Matt and I went to Tennessee a few weeks ago and I caught one bigger but didn't bother to weigh it because I'm an idiot.

Also, 7 recaptures of that one fish- SICK! You have me well beat. My best is 5.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN5446.JPG

#11 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone have a shot of the other side of that scarred fish?

#12 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

I have a pictue of the other side of that fish. And a picture of you holding the same fish. So it looks like you caught it to lou

#13 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:06 PM

I have a pictue of the other side of that fish. And a picture of you holding the same fish. So it looks like you caught it to lou

You have a pic of me with it?! Man, you are the recapture king! :lol: I was wondering if some of the fish in the mirror thread I just put up might be that fish at a younger age. Post em up when you have a minute.

#14 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Im pretty sure these are the same fish. The fish in my pic is the other side of the scarred mirror. So if you can match up the same scale pattern, then you caught it to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

Awesome, thanks! I was really hoping I had caught it. Gonna look through my files for the other side too. Maybe I'm the guy who scratched it :P

#16 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

So the photo of me was from 2006. I scoured my PC, but only have a shot of the one side. Maybe I chose that side because I thought the scar was ugly, or maybe because I caused it and it was bleeding (I do remember the spot where I caught it had a lot of brush I had to fight fish out of)Or maybe this was pre-scar and it's just chance that I only took the one side. Hindsight is 20/20!

Bill, do you have your shots of this one? George? I bet you landed it too!

#17 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Its really cool to see how much these fish grow over such few years, and how they stay in the same area, thanks for sharing guys.
Itching for some fishing.

#18 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

If you are real into it, here's a thread on the CAG site that I made a few years ago. It's nationwide, and includes one bad ass smallmouth buffalo ;)

http://www.carpangle...opic=11862&st=0

In case you couldn't tell, I'm psycho for this recapture stuff. It only happens in carp fishing!

#19 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Carp are just easier to identify, but I have recaptured a 5lb bass locally I think 6 times in one year. It has very distinct lines down it's side. Plus the 2nd time I caught it, i gut hooked it with a 6/0 gammy. It's funny because the 6th time I caught it, I had a pair of dykes on me to cut the hook, and reverse it out. So those stories you here of hooks dissolving are bullshit. The bass lives on and continues to eat and function with such an obstruction in it's gut.

#20 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Thats an awesome thread, and that buffalo is a monster! And i have caught he same bass twice within a year, i was fishing the spillway at churchville res last year using a small spinner bait and hooked into a half pound bass, released it, then winter went by and once it was over i went back again to the spillway and hooked into the same bass in the same spot with the same lure once again, i was astonished. Theres a family of mirrors there that like to cruise the surface up and down the dam, could definitely get a recapture there.
Itching for some fishing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users