• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Those phils are really startin to shine now. Can't beat a potential wildcard team. Can't wait to see those balls flying out of that park when Halladay pitches against some big bats on the yankees.

Yeah, the phillies suck, unless you consider their record. Have the yankees clinched a playoof spot yet? Speaking about not beating a potential wild card team, what's the yanks record against the Red Sox this year?

#22 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:16 AM

If the Phils have to lose some games now is the time to do it. It happens to every team. Just need to keep Utley, Rollins, Howard, etc. in good shape for October!

#23 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

NLDS opponent is completely up in the air right now. Could be any of the Diamondbacks, Brewers, Cardinals or Giants. Cardinals and Giants are a bit scary. The Phillies could spell the end for the Braves before the season ends. 3 game series coming up in Atlanta will be crucial for the Braves. This is the time of year when baseball gets interesting. Same stuff going on in the AL.
Join CCA!
http://joincca.org/
http://ccamd.org/

#24 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

Nick, no need to explain for the Yankees. They been there and done that how many times already. You don't want to start talking records when it comes to NY. You'll never see the phillies bum lineup get 3 grandslams in 1 game. I would be worried if Rollins, Victorino, and Howard could actually hit a ball during the playoffs. Pitching is all they got going this year, and we all know the yanks are world class hitters!

#25 WG

WG

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Nick, no need to explain for the Yankees. They been there and done that how many times already. You don't want to start talking records when it comes to NY. You'll never see the phillies bum lineup get 3 grandslams in 1 game. I would be worried if Rollins, Victorino, and Howard could actually hit a ball during the playoffs. Pitching is all they got going this year, and we all know the yanks are world class hitters!

Mike, Will you go carp fishing already??? :D Why dont you leave the poor Phillies fans alone???????????????;)

#26 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:40 AM

Sweeping the Card's in 3 games. Yeah ok. Looks like the philies ain't the superstar team everyone makes them out to be. Kinda reminds me of last years season. Lol.

#27 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

Somehow I missed this. Why wouldn't I want to start talking records? What the Yankees did 50 years ago has no relevance to today. The last time they had a truly dominate team was in the mid nineties, when they were all juiced up. Should I be impressed by a team that cheated its way to the world series 10 years ago, the same team that blew the biggest lead in mlb playoff history. How about we look at something a little more recent. Which team has done more in the last 5 years? Lets face it, the yank's star has been fading slowly for a decade. Don't worry, there is time for you to jump on this bandwagon.

#28 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

Do or die Game 5. Lets see what this 2011 team is really made of. No guts no glory.
Join CCA!

#29 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

i predict (being optimistic here) a total slaughterfest in Game 5. Everyone hits, except the Cardinals. Final score 9-3 with the Phillies moving on to face the Diamondbacks in the NLCS. Doc will go seven strong innings and have an RBI. Pence, Utley and Howard all have homeruns.

Carpenter is the least scary of all the Cardinals pitchers because he doesn't throw that soft, loopy shit. He's been overtaxed and will give up runs early and often.

I also predict the Yankees won't be playing in the ALCS.

#30 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Bold prediction, Matt, regarding the Phillies. I hope youre right, but this one can realistically go either way. True ace on the hill for both squads. Home field advantage to the Phils, but hot bats advantage to the Cardinals. These are the two best teams left in the National League, no doubt. Pressure is on the Phillies if you ask me. I hope they can do it.
Join CCA!

#31 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:18 AM

Bold prediction, Matt, regarding the Phillies. I hope youre right, but this one can realistically go either way. True ace on the hill for both squads. Home field advantage to the Phils, but hot bats advantage to the Cardinals. These are the two best teams left in the National League, no doubt. Pressure is on the Phillies if you ask me. I hope they can do it.

I hope Carpenter pitches much like he did in his last appearance on the mound.

That, and our offense wakes up, of course.

#32 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Talk shit about the yanks all u want but at least they can hit a ball that pitched to them. It's pretty bad when your whole post season relies soley on a pitcher. Doesn't sound like a to well rounded team to me. Can't wait to see the yanks advance, and the phillies clean out their lockers.

#33 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

Talk shit about the yanks all u want but at least they can hit a ball that pitched to them. It's pretty bad when your whole post season relies soley on a pitcher. Doesn't sound like a to well rounded team to me. Can't wait to see the yanks advance, and the phillies clean out their lockers.

:D :D
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#34 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Where is that damn popcorn emoticon? :P

My daughter claims to like the Yankees too. She says it just to get under my skin. My reply is name 3 players which shuts that down.

Mike, by any chance, are you a Giants or Dallas fan too?

#35 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

That's gotta sting.
It is pretty bad when your entire post season relies solely on a pitcher, especially when CC underperforms. The Phil's have several pitchers they can count on when the weather gets cold and those homerun balls turn into routine fly balls. Lets face it, the Yankees aren't a well rounded team, and without Sabathia, they wouldn't even be competetive. I guess they couldn't hit the ball when it was pitched to them.

#36 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

The Yankees are going fishing :lol: :lol:
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#37 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

A world series wasn't expected so it doesn't bother much. We clinch our division every year, so it's almost expected every year without a good pitcher to take us to the end.

Hopefully for all the phillies goons, Halladay can hit homeruns to, cause we know everyone of those strikes are going to sting 10 times harder. Lol

#38 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

Well mike, I guess you can turn your attention to the patriots or cowboys or whoever :)

#39 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

Mr. Fish is baiting you guys pretty effectively. Just like a bunch of carps that cant resist that Delmonte Corn.

Back to what matters. Does Doc have what it takes? Can the bats wake up? I've been saying all along, this is the biggest hurdle for the Phillies: to beat a hot wild card team in a short series. If they can survive this challenge... those 7 game series will be a walk in the park.
Join CCA!

#40 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:03 AM

My wife is from St Louis and is a cards fan, tough series. The killer is we had two free tickets to the game tonight but I have to head home for a family thing this weekend :angry: No way I would take my wife :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users