• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

My wife is from St Louis and is a cards fan, tough series. The killer is we had two free tickets to the game tonight but I have to head home for a family thing this weekend :angry: No way I would take my wife :lol:

Where are the tickets?
Join CCA!
http://joincca.org/
http://ccamd.org/

#42 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

We have a family beer store (I am the idiot in Corporate America), the salesman came in to give them to my brother who runs the place and he had to turn them down. If the tickets were given to us by the salesman as gifts we need to use them, they don't take kindly if we give them away or sell them, the beer people are usually there and looking fwd to buying us beer. I wish we could just take them and give them to friends, it's all a business. The killer is not only game 5 but I am sure they were amazing seats as well.

#43 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Don't worry guys, you still have the birds, and the sixers. Oh, that's right, thier seasons already spent also.

#44 Dirty Byrd

Dirty Byrd

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Some people on this thread Know Baseball Well! Others, not so well! Knowing baseball is more than just wearing a jersey or hat of your favorite team, and having there backs! Pitching wins World Series, always has! Thats why teams invest so highly in the pitching staff. We have the best starting rotation in MLB= 102 wins Most in MLB! Did our bats get us there? They didn't set the world on fire!
This is the cast!

#45 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

Some people on this thread Know Baseball Well! Others, not so well! Knowing baseball is more than just wearing a jersey or hat of your favorite team, and having there backs! Pitching wins World Series, always has! Thats why teams invest so highly in the pitching staff. We have the best starting rotation in MLB= 102 wins Most in MLB! Did our bats get us there? They didn't set the world on fire!

#46 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

Ahahahahahaha. Talk about sting. At least all the kids in Africa will be nice and warm with all those pre-made division champ shirts this season.

What do they say best "there is always next year"

#47 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

ONE DREAM TEAM DOWN....AND TWO MORE TO GO,Don't get me wrong i love my phila teams,But wait until next year is a bit old <_<
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#48 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

It was an exciting ride that sadly ended too soon. Unfortunately, the early playoff exit taints such a stellar regular season. It's been a long while since I followed baseball so closely during the regular season and had such high expectations from game one. I really liked this team and that made last nights loss even harder to swallow.

Kudos to Amaro and the Phils organization for providing Philadelphia with such a quality team. I hope Ryan Howard does not have any long lasting effects from his game ending injury.

#49 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

Interesting statistic... not that it will make any Philadelphia fan feel any better...

Since 1986, only 2 of 25 100+ regular season win teams have become champs. In the same time period, three teams with no more than 87 wins took the Series: the 2006 Cardinals (83), 2000 Yankees (87) and 1987 Twins (85).

#50 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Ahahahahahaha. Talk about sting. At least all the kids in Africa will be nice and warm with all those pre-made division champ shirts this season.

What do they say best "there is always next year"

Ugh...that does sting. Losing was bad. Getting shutout was worse. Watching Howard fall to the ground injured while the cardinals celebrated around him was horrible. It seemed like forever before anyone from the Phils organization got out there to help him.

That being said, the series between the cards and the brewers should be an interesting one. I wouldn't mind seeing Nyjer Morgan get clothes lined again.

What are the chances of the Phils taking a run at Pujols next year, since they won't have a 1st baseman?

#51 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

next year...

speaking of which, lots of question marks.... will j-roll return? Madson? How much of the season will Howard miss? Will Oswalt sign for less? Will Ibanez sign a cheap one year deal?(will the phils offer?) Might Ruben sign Verlander and Hamilton? :)

thanks to the Phils for an exciting season. obviously a disappointing end, but it was a fun summer.
Join CCA!

#52 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

Massively dissappointing end to the season, but that's sports in Philly! I would definitely say that loss was worse than all the Eagles losses in the NFC Championship games combined!

While I've got nothing against Ibanez, I wouldn't mind seeing Mayberry get regular playing time in left field. I wouldn't be surprised if Rollins isn't back. I would like the Phils to bring in some young blood.

#53 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

Massively dissappointing end to the season, but that's sports in Philly! I would definitely say that loss was worse than all the Eagles losses in the NFC Championship games combined!

I am a more devoted Eagles fan, but would have to agree that the Phils loss was worse. The expectations were sky high and Friday's night loss was a crash landing.

While I've got nothing against Ibanez, I wouldn't mind seeing Mayberry get regular playing time in left field. I wouldn't be surprised if Rollins isn't back. I would like the Phils to bring in some young blood.

I too want to see Mayberry get regular playing time. Mayberry may be needed to play first base depending on Howard's condition. If Rollins will sign for a three year incentive laden contract I say fine, but if he wants a five year guarantee I say let him go.

#54 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

J-roll is pushing hard for a 5-year deal. If the Phillies dont offer it, he's made it clear he'll hit the open market. Unfortunately, some lunatic general manager will probably give J-roll a 5-year contract. Hopefully, no one meets his expectation for 5-years, and he comes back to Philly for 3 years. I think Jimmy should be Ruben's #1 priority right now. He is the heart of the club, not just a short stop and a leadoff hitter. Madson is a close #2 priority for Ruben. But he is going to want big $$$.
Join CCA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users