• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Anyone know of any shoe or shoe bottom type that grips well on algae covered wet rocks?
Itching for some fishing.

#2 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Felt soles are usually for slippery rocks, but you're not allowed to wear them some places. A pair of korker would probably be your best bet.

#3 dano

dano

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

korkers are definitely the best bet.

good point about the felt soles. i actually had a police officer stop me in maryland while i was catching herring to tell me that my felt soles were going to be illegal. no joke. :o
Join CCA!
http://joincca.org/
http://ccamd.org/

#4 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

I have a pair of Chota Waders that give me great traction.

#5 Aki

Aki

Fish 300+ days a year!

• Charter Member
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationTokyo Bay

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

Korkers.

Posted Image
Always thinking of fishing around Philly....

#6 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

ill check them out definitly, sick of the bruised ribs and rooled ankles haha. Gona be hitting some rocky terrain this winter. Thanks!

#7 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

ill check them out definitly, sick of the bruised ribs and rooled ankles haha. Gona be hitting some rocky terrain this winter. Thanks!

I happen to have an extral pair of Korkers, size medium (fits a size 8, 9 or 10 boot). I misplaced them years ago and when I couldn't find them bought a new pair. It turns out I had left them at my friends' house. I just got them back last week. The are barely used, maybe 5 fishing days total. Only one stud is missing from one of them. Let me know if you are interested...I just put them on craiglist last night.

#8 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

I second the chota boots. I've got some nice Caney Fork Chota boots with removable spikes. I definitely had some issues with the spikes falling out. But that problem has been fixed apparently.

Great wading boots!

#9 Deftik

Deftik

1337 oU7 of 7oWN3r

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

korkers are definitely the best bet.

good point about the felt soles. i actually had a police officer stop me in maryland while i was catching herring to tell me that my felt soles were going to be illegal. no joke. :o

What a joke, I'll continue wearing my felt soles no matter where I go, I'm not jeopardizing my safety because they're worried I don't clean my shoes of slime.
Fishing is 24/7 365

#10 kozmicblues

kozmicblues

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Tackle direct has Korkers on sale

#11 Catch&Release

Catch&Release

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNEP

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

What a joke, I'll continue wearing my felt soles no matter where I go, I'm not jeopardizing my safety because they're worried I don't clean my shoes of slime.

you gotta be careful if you wear them from place to place make sure you wash the bottom and all the felt, there is a thing called whirling disease that can kill certain species of fish from the bacteria that may be transferred from place to place.

#12 bunker448

bunker448

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

jim taylor taylors bait & tackle has Korkers he is located close to philly his phone number is 215-519-0000 great guy very knowledgeable about fishing he can get any kind of fishing tackle call him he will help you out

#13 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

I lucked out on my ability to now grip some slippery rocks. My mom got a pair of Vibram Stabilicers for free from her friend to give to me. They have removable spikes as well. Tried them out when i was fishing last night and they worked wonders.

Posted Image

#14 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Korkers by any other name. ;)

#15 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

haha yeah basically

#16 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

I never liked the strap on Korkers. But, Korkers finally started making some better designed high traction footwear.

I've got some Chota wading boots with screw-in cleats, but some have fallen out in the past. I would consider the newer Korker boots if I were in the market for spiked wading shoes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users