431 replies to this topic

#21 Esquired

Esquired

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

I know you a college guy so I am not sure what you can afford, but I would up the amount of bait you throw in. When Matt was down he I probably threw in over 150 lbs of bait in 3 days. Maize, range cubes, boilies, crack corn, and grits balls. We throw in 500lbs of bait over a week until we get fish in and then throw a 5 gallon bucket of maize in every day or so thereafter.

WOW - that is a lot of corn.  What are you thoughts on over baiting a swim?  I have been setting up a spot nearby (to me) and dumped maybe 10 gallons over a week period (every other day) the spot did not work out that well yielding only a few carp each day I fished it.

Should I increase the amount of bait dramatically?

#22 Guest_J_Money_*

Guest_J_Money_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

I know you a college guy so I am not sure what you can afford, but I would up the amount of bait you throw in. When Matt was down he I probably threw in over 150 lbs of bait in 3 days. Maize, range cubes, boilies, crack corn, and grits balls. We throw in 500lbs of bait over a week until we get fish in and then throw a 5 gallon bucket of maize in every day or so thereafter.

WOW - that is a lot of corn.  What are you thoughts on over baiting a swim?  I have been setting up a spot nearby (to me) and dumped maybe 10 gallons over a week period (every other day) the spot did not work out that well yielding only a few carp each day I fished it.

Should I increase the amount of bait dramatically?

Try doing it every day. If you can, throw in a gallon earlier in the day before you go.

#23 Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

I had a friend pre-bait an area for me yesterday. They practically chased him out of the area. According to him they was like what the f**k are you doing feeding the fish. Now we won't be able to catch any thing.... ;D ... Sadly to say when i returned later that afternoon the tide had changed and the area was unfishable....
As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.

#24 Guest_J_Money_*

Guest_J_Money_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

I had a friend pre-bait an area for me yesterday. They practically chased him out of the area. According to him they was like what the f**k are you doing feeding the fish. Now we won't be able to catch any thing.... ;D ... Sadly to say when i returned later that afternoon the tide had changed and the area was unfishable....

If somebody is fishing my spot, I just dump the whole 5 gallon bucket in and leave. ;D

#25 Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

If somebody is fishing my spot, I just dump the whole 5 gallon bucket in and leave. ;D

:P --- LOL ---  :D

#26 Rob

Rob

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:02 PM

In there lap? :D ;D
PB Common - 38 lbs 0 ozs
PB Mirror - 33 lbs 4 ozs
PB Koi - 13 lbs 0 ozs

TOKS Big Four International

#27 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

In there lap? ;) ;D

Over their head.  That's HIS spot they're fishing !!! =)

#28 chris

chris

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

funny video flyers, started laughing when your friend wiped the tear from his eye ;)
they down there

#29 Esquired

Esquired

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:16 AM

Cool video - what is with your buddy's fighting technique?  Under the arm rod holding, LOL

Tell him to get the rod tip up, never point the rod at the and "pull up reel down"

#30 Romo

Romo

Invasive Species Enthusiast

• PipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

:D :D :D love the video. yea ur buddy does need to work on his technique though
Kill your limit, don't limit your kill.

#31 Guest_J_Money_*

Guest_J_Money_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

Seems like my spot is getting better and better. It's always good when they are shitting out maize!

A few nights ago Bill and I took my buddy down. He doesn't fish much, but for some reason, he always catches a mirror. First mirror from my spot..
Posted Image
The night after. Me, Bill, Chris, and Gerald went out. Carping was slow,so Gerald decided to be futile and cast a giant musky lure. I'm not quite sure what this channel cat was thinking..
Posted Image
Last night was slowER, but still good. I managed 3. All were over 15lbs with a 22#.
Posted Image
We saw a 40lber eating my maize. Luckily I got a picture of it before it swam away..
Posted Image

#32 FlatMaster

FlatMaster

PAC Junkie

• PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

I knew there were 40 logs down there.

#33 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

yeah i'm pretty sure that was the first fish he ever hooked in to, besides some sunnies

#34 Paul

Paul

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

not to sound cornish, but that is actually good art. who drew that carp in the sand? Good Job!
Go Big Or Go Home... Barney!!!

#35 Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:37 PM

Kool video flyers1...Nice work on those carp...

#36 Guest_J_Money_*

Guest_J_Money_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:21 AM

I drew it!!

#37 FlatMaster

FlatMaster

PAC Junkie

• PipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

made another video.. im pretty into messin around with video and stuff and makin stupid videos combining fishing and heavy metal  ;D.. heres the first of many... sorry for the language  :D
this was about a 10 lb fish we lost. i live by the palomar knot but with the small hook i can't put the loop through.. so i just tie a crappy average knot... came back to bite me in the ass.. this would have been my friends first fish

I ilke the title.  Nice going flyers!

One thing, does your weight slide?  Or is it the Jude and Bill Hansen rig?

#38 Guest_J_Money_*

Guest_J_Money_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

Gerald and I got bored and decided to get creative with our maize. Here is the result..

Posted Image

#39 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

made another video.. im pretty into messin around with video and stuff and makin stupid videos combining fishing and heavy metal  ;D.. heres the first of many... sorry for the language  :D
this was about a 10 lb fish we lost. i live by the palomar knot but with the small hook i can't put the loop through.. so i just tie a crappy average knot... came back to bite me in the ass.. this would have been my friends first fish

I ilke the title.  Nice going flyers!

One thing, does your weight slide?  Or is it the Jude and Bill Hansen rig?

na its just tied on there directly to the line. i never really had the time to learn any carp rigs

#40 Doug

Doug

PAC Regular

• Club Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

Gerald and I got bored and decided to get creative with our maize. Here is the result..

Posted Image

sure that is not the product of 1 to meny on the 4th of july????
71.11% OF THE EARTH IS WATER.....THATS ALOT OF FISH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users