9 replies to this topic

#1 Syxxtoodre

Syxxtoodre

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Anyone checking out the Outdoors Show next weekend (Feb 16 thru 19) in Oaks? Gonna go to replenish lures and lines, hopefully for less than I pay retail. I need a ton of gear.

#2 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

I will. It's good for plastics and jigs. I got a couple of blanks there cheap as well.

#3 kozmicblues

kozmicblues

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Anyone make it?
Was great to get a good close look at the new world record striper 81lb mount/replica.
Did pick up some stuff but did not spend too much $.

#4 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Was it pricey? what did you end up getting?
Itching for some fishing.

#5 kozmicblues

kozmicblues

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think it was 11$ - I got some 4 and 5 oz bomber bucktails - 3oz sand eel imitations and 4oz hammered diamond jigs with the green tube tails
Tried to stick to things I really need and dont already have. Was nice looking at the manufacturers booths but they were charging full retail.

#6 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Got some great deals myself at the outdoor show. Every year since its been held in oaks, the wife and I have been able to swindle some deals from vendors, etc. I been shopping around some new reels for awhile and had my heart set on a new quantum baitcastor. I hate quantum anything, but their newer line of reels look great, and from what I read, out perform most. The reel retails for $219, so I figured the show would be the place to buy it cheap. Unfortunately there was only 2 vendors selling quantum, and neither would budge with the price. After several failed attempts to bring the price down, I headed over to the representative at the quantum booth and gave him hell. After a short conversation and alot of explaining , I was asked how much I would like a reel like that to retail for. I joked and said a $100. He immediately said "bring me a $100 cash, and you can own one. I can't tell you how fast I was walking through the expo in search of a ATM. A quiet behind the scenes exhange, and I was the owner of a new quantum smoke reel. If it wasn't for " Dave" at Quantum, I probably would have never came close to buying a quantum for my collection. I even made out with a free hat, and T shirt. It looks and feels great. Now I'm in search of a rod to match it with. Can't wait to get it on the water soon.

Posted Image

#7 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thats awesome man! i love getting good stuff extra cheap. I recently got a $130 6'6" Falcon Bucoo micro guide rod for 20 bucks because walmart had about 10 of them in the wrong spot. A little arguing got me the rod for what it was listed for, and its a really nice one, made in the US. Nice grab again.
Itching for some fishing.

#8 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Good deal! Interesting about your quantum comments, I can tell you fresh water I never had a problem with their Energy PT 2004-2006 baitcaster reels, their salt water Cabo's I have pounded and they have done nothing but impress the heck out of me, I caught massive fish on the Cabo 40 series, I probably own about 7 Cabos and a Boca, however their fresh water spinning reels have failed me multiple multiple times. Whats your major problem with Quantum?

#9 kozmicblues

kozmicblues

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

The problem with Quantum is you are never sure if you got a cheap van Staal or an expensive Zebco.

#10 Aki

Aki

Fish 300+ days a year!

• Charter Member
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationTokyo Bay

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

The problem with Quantum is you are never sure if you got a cheap van Staal or an expensive Zebco.

Expensive Zebco it is. :P
Always thinking of fishing around Philly....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users