• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

They're showing up everywhere! Another spot for you to try Matt.

Good information in the article... not just simply bashing the poor old Frankenfish.

http://www.philly.co.../144059356.html

#2 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

[quote name='GC' timestamp='1332599791' post='43830']
They're showing up everywhere! Another spot for you to try Matt.

Good information in the article... not just simply bashing the poor old Frankenfish.

http://www.philly.co...alth/144059356.

I can bet that everyone of these snakehead reports from tinicum, fairmount, on over into just about all of jerseys tidal marshes can all be linked back somehow to FDR park. Those fish really seem to be taking hold in those back marshes of the tidal deleware.

Hopefully they spread throughout the stretches of the schuylkill. Our river is so void of sport fish that the snakehead would be just another fish to target. Maybe they can fill in for the lack of smallmouth that our river should have. We already have flatheads eating everything, so what would a snakehead make a difference.

#3 Guest_MyKFellman_*

Guest_MyKFellman_*
  • Unregistered Guest

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

"We already have flatheads eating everything, so what would a snakehead make a difference". Jeremy Wade is gonna be making his way to the Skuke for an episode of River Monsters.

#4 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just seen on nbc10 news, a 25" snakehead was landed down John Heinz yesterday. Matt, maybe you should stay on this side of the big D. Im sure that area is teaming with them.

#5 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Just seen on nbc10 news, a 25" snakehead was landed down John Heinz yesterday. Matt, maybe you should stay on this side of the big D. Im sure that area is teaming with them.

Mike... did they provide any information concerning where at Heinz the snakehead was caught?

#6 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Mike... did they provide any information concerning where at Heinz the snakehead was caught?

Someone caught it and took it to the refuge office I'm assuming in the park. It looks like they were doing the interview right in front of the main park office. No details where exactly it was caught, but the guy was fishing for bass back in the park, and had a snakehead hit his spinnerbait. The funniest part was hearing the conservation officer say if these fish take hold they can destroy the bass, panfish, and "native" trout population. Really the trout population! Lol. He urged people to not release them back into the system to stop reproduction. I'm sure they are already reproducing, and thriving throughout that whole tidal swampy stretch down there.

#7 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the information Mike.

#8 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

The funniest part was hearing the conservation officer say if these fish take hold they can destroy the bass, panfish, and "native" trout population.

Wow, I am very concerned about the "native" trout population down there ;)

#9 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

So are you guys against releasing them? I personally am not, just another fish to catch to me. Plus since they are in the Delaware estuary, its basically impossible to stop them now.
Itching for some fishing.

#10 Deftik

Deftik

1337 oU7 of 7oWN3r

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

THEY MUST BE STOPPED ANYTHING BUT THE TROUT!
Fishing is 24/7 365

#11 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

THEY MUST BE STOPPED ANYTHING BUT THE TROUT!

:lol: :lol:
Itching for some fishing.

#12 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

My comment was to point out that wild trout down there is a joke. Puh lease.

I will kill any I may catch until it seems futile - which it may be already but still....

#13 Mike P

Mike P

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

My comment was to point out that wild trout down there is a joke. Puh lease.

I will kill any I may catch until it seems futile - which it may be already but still....

I have heard they have good meat. Might not be such a bad idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users