32 replies to this topic

#1 Deftik

Deftik

1337 oU7 of 7oWN3r

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Since the public forum is a literal ghost town I'll toss up a post here.

Like all fishing I do, I decided literally the last second I wanted to target Flatheads, plans changed with the nice amount of rain that was scheduled to stop on none other than my only day off of the week, so a plan was enacted to open up shop on the skuke for the day. As usual for anything I do, mother nature spit in my face, as it literally SNOWED as I drove out of my hometown about 3 hours later than I would of liked, but it was either that or drive by myself :huh: The weather kept its usual, lets make this as inconvenient as possible with a nice change up from strong winds to cold rain and when it was kind enough to stop, hordes of bugs, and mostly switched between the three fairly often throughout the day. Met up with Mike (Mr. Fish) after he got out of work and as the night set in, was able to land my first Flathead at a respectable 21.10lbs. Mike managed a smaller one, ended up calling it due to the lack of feeling in my girlfriends feet, shes lucky I landed one or she may have lost those feet to frost bite :lol:

Attached Thumbnails

• Flathead Catfish - Me.jpg

Fishing is 24/7 365

#2 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,906 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

well done!

#3 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thats great, I don't think I ever got one more that about 10-12 lbs.

#4 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Very nice !!! Impressive first of a species !!! Gonna make gettin a new PB a bit more difficult, but I'm sure that's a problem we would all like to have. ;)

#5 Fellman

Fellman

PAC Regular

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Awesome. I hear bait clickers running in my head

#6 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I need to get my first flatty this year, i have a bunch of bait holes that need to be used. Not sure that anyone cares but tan caught a 47 pounder last weekend
Itching for some fishing.

#7 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Nice work Anthony.

#8 springgardener

springgardener

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

nice fish, and also the photoshoppy cutout job.

#9 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

WTG....H.D!!!!!!
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#10 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 646 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Congrats again Anthony. A 21 is a very respectable first fish. Nothing left but to catch a bigger one.

#11 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

........... Not sure that anyone cares but tan caught a 47 pounder last weekend

You're right. No one cares. :lol:

#12 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

hahaha figured, i need to up my gear if i want to go for flatties.

#13 Deftik

Deftik

1337 oU7 of 7oWN3r

• PipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm sold on flatties since I primarily target channels and pickerel up here anyway, can't beat reeling in a 20lber when your Channie PB is 16, too bad they couldn't invade the north branch susky!
Fishing is 24/7 365

#14 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm sold on flatties since I primarily target channels and pickerel up here anyway, can't beat reeling in a 20lber when your Channie PB is 16, too bad they couldn't invade the north branch susky!

Give them time.

#15 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

i agree, those things are to the point where they fishable in the big d now! shouldent be long.

#16 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

They are coming, not really sold on that either, also channels fight much better, flatties only look better for pics. Also the spike in pike IMO weeeded out alot of Rock Bass so nothing but the flatties to eat but my smallies.

#17 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

They are coming, not really sold on that either, also channels fight much better, flatties only look better for pics. Also the spike in pike IMO weeeded out alot of Rock Bass so nothing but the flatties to eat but my smallies.

It is just a matter of time. I have seen them caught in York Haven in the winter, so it really is only a matter of time. Channels may not get as big but are great fighters...I'll take a big channel cat any day, though to be fair my pb flattie was 14 lbs.

#18 Mike P

Mike P

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Monster Flathead caught downtown last week. Crazy stuff! looks a little smaller than 47lbs to me, but what do I know.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ba5ErKtxIts

#19 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Going to give the flattys a shot for the first time thursday night. Got all the gear i need finally, just gotta find some decent spots. Anything specific i should be looking for as to where i should be fishing? Bridges? Creek mouths? Really hoping to land my first this year, not a matter of size at the moment.

#20 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,906 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Creek mouths are best when flow is at or above average. Deeper water near bridges during warmer low water conditions. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users