11 replies to this topic

#1 GC

GC

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Taken from the article below...

"Last summer, we celebrated the spotting of American shad below the Black Rock Dam near Phoenixville—the first time the native species had been observed above Norristown since 1820. This summer, the shad look to shatter that record. During the last week of May 2012 , biologists from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission observed several adult American shad passing through the Black Rock Fishway."

Wonder how far they made it?

Record Breaking Shad

#2 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Taken from the article below...

"Last summer, we celebrated the spotting of American shad below the Black Rock Dam near Phoenixville—the first time the native species had been observed above Norristown since 1820. This summer, the shad look to shatter that record. During the last week of May 2012 , biologists from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission observed several adult American shad passing through the Black Rock Fishway."

Wonder how far they made it?

Record Breaking Shad

Wonder if any were fish you caught ??? ;)

#3 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Thats awesome news, those fish are kick ass. I heard that they are going to make it catch and release only for them next year, anyone else hear the same? ill try to find the article.
Itching for some fishing.

#4 GC

GC

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Wonder if any were fish you caught ??? ;)

I certainly hope so.

#5 GC

GC

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Thats awesome news, those fish are kick ass. I heard that they are going to make it catch and release only for them next year, anyone else hear the same? ill try to find the article.

That is a distinct possibility. I really don't care if it's catch and release, as long as we can target them as a species. Personally, I wish we could still keep one. Reason being, if I know that it won't survive at least I could take it home and eat it.I wouldn't feel that it was going to waste.

#6 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Same here, i would be happy with either outcome, although i think one fish per angler per day is fair and more than plenty for either the person who takes it home and eats it or the person who uses one as bait.

#7 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

http://fishandboat.c...ngs/234nprp.pdf

#8 GC

GC

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

http://fishandboat.c...ngs/234nprp.pdf

Chris... thanks for the link.

#9 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'll have to put my pics up of them passing through the norristown ladder. I watched alot of Americans passing those days I was there.

#10 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

Awesome stuff. Cathching one up that far would be incredible. Let's hope that happens next season!

#11 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

thats awesome
I would be cool to be the first person to catch one rod and reel that far up in over a century

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users