• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

For what it's worth here's the 2012 American Shad Survey information for Chester and Montgomery Counties. Sampling information concerning shad numbers IMO is sketchy. Survey also includes other fish species.

#2 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Interesting survey. I am glad to see some made it up that far, though I am sure more came through during non survey time(s). Perhaps what is more compelling in this survey is the lack of smallmouth bass in any surveys along the 3 sections. They should be in similar habitat as the shad at that time. Not very encouraging or surprising.

#3 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Interesting survey. I am glad to see some made it up that far, though I am sure more came through during non survey time(s). Perhaps what is more compelling in this survey is the lack of smallmouth bass in any surveys along the 3 sections. They should be in similar habitat as the shad at that time. Not very encouraging or surprising.

Sad, but true concerning the smallmouth population. I agree that there were considerably more shad passing during non-survey times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users