20 replies to this topic

#1 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

... that if you record the sound of coins going in a payphone, you can play it back in the phone and make free phone calls?

and, if you try and hack my website, I'll fix it and box you out pretty fast.

In case you didn't notice, this forum got hacked by a robot, and malicious code was injected into some of the pages. I added a security patch and deleted as much of the code as I could find.
Let me know if y'all have any problems or get any more crazy warnings. Post about it right here in this thread.

Thanks!

ps, do they even have payphones anymore?

#2 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

AVG detection on my PC keeps popping up when i enter the fourm. This also pops up above the site page sometimes.....

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 120

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 129

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 130

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/content/c/o/o/cooklouis/html/pac/inside/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 134
Itching for some fishing.

#3 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

yeah, it seems like there's still some wacky code remnants laying around. I have called in the big guns from invision power board to help us out. It should be taken care of soon. In the meantime, I don't get any warnings with firefox (although I do get those database error messages you posted every so often.)

#4 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Hey Louis. I just got back on the site using Firefox. Still using Avast and still getting the same warnings Chris posted whenever I try to visit with IE. But Firefox and Avast play very well with your site. I'll keep checking every couple days with IE to see when the fix is in and post back.

#5 flyers1kak

flyers1kak

PAC Regular

• Registered Guest
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hey Louis. I just got back on the site using Firefox. Still using Avast and still getting the same warnings Chris posted whenever I try to visit with IE. But Firefox and Avast play very well with your site. I'll keep checking every couple days with IE to see when the fix is in and post back.

weird- never even knew there was an issue while using chrome (besides some of the spam threads coming through)

#6 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

weird- never even knew there was an issue while using chrome (besides some of the spam threads coming through)

I hardly get anything with firefox...
Thanks for the help guys.

So the folks at IPB are looking at it now and should sort us out. I gave them my login info so they could poke around the backend. we'll see.

#7 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Funny, I use a Mac, and don't see any spam or warnings.

#8 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I still can't get on my computer wants me to install Chrome. I access by phone

#9 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I just got back in with Firefox. Avast has been throwing up warnings about some Java Script downloader or Trojan and then just blocked all access to the page. Got in once before, but haven't had access for 3 days until now.

Big thanks to Louis and the powers that be for all their hard work. Let's hope it sticks this time.

#10 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Not sure the fix is permanent yet. I couldn't get in this AM. Avast put up the same warning and blocked the site. But tonight, first try and I'm in !!!

Hope the fix is IN !!!!

#11 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

<br />Not sure the fix is permanent yet.  I couldn't get in this AM.  Avast put up the same warning and blocked the site.  But tonight, first try and I'm in !!!<br /><br />Hope the fix is IN !!!!<br />

<br /><br /><br />. I am able to get in by phone but not on any pc with IE.

#12 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

This code seems to be directed at IE. Chrome doesn't seem to be affected at all and I only have an issue with Firefox when I initially log on directly to the New Content page, where I get the code error lines at the top of the page on first rendering of the page. Then that goes away for the rest of that session on the site. Strange ??? But, it's a computer and that's what they do.... I think.....

#13 hughmac

hughmac

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

You probably know Louis, but can't seem to upload pictures ... not sure if it's related, or what. Just wanted to let you know!

#14 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm still getting a message about a blackhole kit exploit from AVG

#15 springgardener

springgardener

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

You probably know Louis, but can't seem to upload pictures ... not sure if it's related, or what. Just wanted to let you know!

I too cannot upload pics... I get the upload button twice, and I select a photograph. I can choose it, but when I click the "upload attachment" button, nothing happens. Im using chrome.

On a side note, I can no longer get to the site from my office as of this week, after having no issues since I joined over a year ago. I don't know if this is due to my office or not.

can we get an update on the situation?

#16 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I too cannot upload pics... I get the upload button twice, and I select a photograph. I can choose it, but when I click the "upload attachment" button, nothing happens. Im using chrome.

On a side note, I can no longer get to the site from my office as of this week, after having no issues since I joined over a year ago. I don't know if this is due to my office or not.

can we get an update on the situation?

I was able to upload a few pictures on the 20th, but I am unable to insert a link to it in the text here using the hyperlink button and had to do it manually with the keyboard (another lost function) but it wasn't a smooth process, took several tries and had to be done one at a time using a different browse button for each image and was limited to 2 attachments per post. Here's the post with the pictures.....
http://www.cookplex....agle-in-ambler/

#17 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

I can't access the members forums from either one of my computers.. work and home.
When you go to the forum homepage its loaded with warnings...( cannot modify header information?? and then a bunch of code i guess?)
It says you have sucessfully logged on but then you can't view any forums or post anything.
The only thing that works is the iPad.
Whatever the hack was really killed the website.

#18 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

I can't access the members forums from either one of my computers.. work and home.
When you go to the forum homepage its loaded with warnings...( cannot modify header information?? and then a bunch of code i guess?)
It says you have sucessfully logged on but then you can't view any forums or post anything.
The only thing that works is the iPad.
Whatever the hack was really killed the website.

Ya I lost access too minus the iPad phone and chrome still gets me in on the Microsoft side

#19 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I'm still getting in with Firefox and can even post pictures..... but only one at a time. Most other functions don't work or are seriously crippled.

I'm wondering if Louis can save all recent posts and restore the site from a backup, then install the updates that borked things and see what happens. Can't hurt at this point. Even just restoring from a backup and losing some posts seems like a better option.

Louis ?????
  • Aki likes this

#20 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I haven't been on for awhile....Wow how things have changed..
Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users