• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

So with cabin fever set in, what better to do than organize all of my tackle and show it off.  I have aquired a good number of rods, reels, and definitly tackle over the past few years.  Oh the money i could have saved.

Got the new rod rack set up in the garage, after breaking a few rods this was well overdue.

Have a solid aresnal of pieces.  Hope to get a few more for carp, flatheads, and sharks.  Come spring,  I will have 5 baitcasting setups for casting artificals for bass and other predatory fish.  Most setups are freshley spooled and ready to go.

Found a Old New stock Pflueger reel.  I truely love this reel, smoothest reel i have ever owned, i have many spools for it so i will be using it as a spinning setup for bass/pickerel, and shad on my noodle rod with 8lb mono, 10lb braid, and 6lb mono on the spools.

The Penn Fierce has definitly won me over.  I have never had a problem with this reel and it has caught me many schoolie stripers up to 30" without any problems.  The drag is smooth and the full aluminum body makes it super powerful and durable.  With its $60 price tag, i would guarentee its the best reel on the market for the price.  Currently my primary reel for jigging down the dam with a 3000 size, and i have a 4000 size for bigger plugs and topwater down there.  Both spooled with matching 20lb power pro, there are very few fish i can land with these setups.  I highly reccomend it.

Now these are the older Citica Bantam baitcasters.  I currently have collected 3 and hope to find more.  They are awesome and work flawlessly for their age.  Spooled with 15lb mono each.  They are made with a one piece aluminum frame, and are great for casting bigger plugs and big spinnerbaits.  I have landed all of my hybrid stripers this year on them, and they gave no play to these fish besides the drag i had set on them, true workhorses.  I can easily cast over the dam with a swimbait from the ladder wall,  which is a pretty long ways for a older baitcaster like these.  If you are browsing ebay and see one of these babys, you should consider picking one up. 

Totally ready for the shad run with my lot of darts, spoons, and weights.

1/4oz and 3/8oz jig heads at the ready.

Tackle box, Tackle box, Tackle box.....

Got any old CD cases laying around?  They make great spinnerbait holders.

My plug collection is an ever growing wonder, hanging from the unused section of my garage door rails.

Got this for nothing this year......

Walkies so me and my buddy can communicate when we split up on our kayaks or on foot.

My basstics.

My collection of plastics and swimbaits for you know where ;)

Anyone else got the fever?

Itching for some fishing.

#2 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Seems like you got the entire epidemic !!! ;)

Nice collection of gear !! B) B)

#3 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Nice collection Chirs,i'm getting ready to chase some Bass come spring.

Rods clean&oiled up.

This company wants me to try these out.

In these days of high tech fishing, many of the electronics, stereos and accessories used by anglers create a
large draw on the battery power. Long days of fishing can result in a
dead battery when you try to start your boat to head to the weigh in or
head to the boat ramp. Tournament Saver Pro can give you the peace of
mind to know that you will always be able to start your main engine in
less time than it takes to dig out your jump box or jumper cables. You
don’t even have to leave the driver’s seat! It weighs less than a jump
box and can save weight in the boat, which any avid angler knows results
in more top end speed across the water.

Throw your lure in the water and put the puzzle together..

#4 springgardener

springgardener

PAC Lurker

• Club Member - Expired
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Chris, you may be running low on pink zoom superflukes!  Time to restock lol!

Very nice collection you have there, I always enjoy a good session of organizing tackle.  I may need to try that trick for the spinner baits.  Currently Ive been cutting wedge shapes of plastic our of my hard 360 cases and angling them in there... the part where you tie the knot would go in the carved out portion to make it work.

Thanks for the tip!

:lol:

#5 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I built a seperate room in my basement to keep some of my less frequently used fishing and hunting stuff. The more frequently used guns are kept in a safe elsewhere and the more day to day rods and reels and tackle I keep in a closet near the garage for quick access when I need to get to the water fast. During the warm season my car is more like a remote tackle shop. I always have several rods on the rack inside my suv as well as waders and a vast assortment of tackle. Just never know when an opportunity will pop up.

Here is a couple of shots of the room I built to warehouse my less frequently used stuff. It is a combo storage room and workshop...and it shows it. I put it together to be functional, not a museum ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• room 1.jpg
  • room 2.jpg
  • room 3.jpg

#6 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Nice setups.  I actually got my rod racks from Cabelas, they were on sale for 9.99 each, holding 11 rods on each rack.  I have been having a hard time finding bigger casting rods for my abu 7000i.  My local dicks and tackle shops either have no rods to select from or the ones they offer are set at a ridiculous price. 

#7 Tom

Tom

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Dicks sucks for most everything but maybe some lures and line. Maybe. I order online, hit a local mom and pop shop, or go to Cabelas to stock up.

Seriously, I find very little decent selection around here in the chain marts. Sometimes Dicks has a decent rod but usually even if they do they are all pawed over and beat up. More than once I have found one I liked only to find a missing guide or a scratch somewhere in it.

#8 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationUp the street from the knot!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I think because I finally have a basement to let my tackle spread out and breath, I've been able to do an inventory and I've spent way too much this winter buying stuff online.  But, I am pretty much totally stocked for every type of fishing I am likely to do this year. 

I will shop at Dick's occassionally, but only if its something I need ASAP, or if its an item I want to look at in-person.  Cabelas is too far a drive for me, and online, they rarely have sales on the stuff I want.  But, I did just buy a couple quarts of Gulp baits from Cabelas, because I couldn't find the quarts on ebay or anywhere else cheaper.

I personally buy the bulk of my tackle on ebay - unless there is something I can't find.  I got some great deals this winter, especially on plugs.  I like to buy lures by the "lot" - you get better deals and save on shipping.  For example, I just bought 6 yo zuri edge minnow lures, a lure I've been wanting to try because I hope the suspending version performs remotely close to the old design of their mag minnow.  Their normal price of $16 a lure was too prohibitive for me, but I got them for about $10 a peice including shipping.  Ebay takes more work, but the savings can really be great.

#9 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

eBay bulk is where it's at these days, shad darts, jig heads, and plugs. I also just got 50 no roll (flag) 3oz lead weights that I needed for striper and flatheading. Only ran me about 20 bucks from some metals recycler.

#10 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

I was driving through Delaware and ran into a garage sale...

#11 The Don

The Don

FISH HARD

• Charter Member
  • 2,560 posts
  • LocationPhila,pa

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

free image hosting

picture hosting

free image hosting

image ru

free image hosting

online photo sharing

photo sharing

Delaware garage sale,$75 for a bag of all kinds of soft plastic baits,I was 2hrs late on the rods.

#12 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

here are my homemade rod racks...

Just a piece of cedar board  that I cut and stained.  I mimicked the design from what was for sale on ebay.

and it worked pretty good

8487192731_a2bcf7b5d0.jpg

#13 Lukin

Lukin

PAC Regular

• Charter Member - Expired
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

And here's the rest of the good old mancave...  aka my half of the garage.

It is here where I often drink  beer  and pretend like I know how to fix things

8487192657_d85e9fddba.jpg

#14 mr.fish

mr.fish

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Seen this thread, and got excited to see how out of hand everyone else is with tackle collecting, and what not. Started going through some stuff and taking pics. Once again i got bored and called it quits about halfway through organizing. If I was honest, I would put this at about half my collection. i got so much more stuff in storage including more rods, reels, lures still packaged, ice fishing gear, spods, nets, baitbuckets, waders, and just about anything else under the sun. 

#15 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

That is one beautiful collection my friend!

#16 Illadelphia

Illadelphia

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationRight in the middle of it

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

So with cabin fever set in, what better to do than organize all of my tackle and show it off.  I have aquired a good number of rods, reels, and definitly tackle over the past few years.  Oh the money i could have saved.

Got the new rod rack set up in the garage, after breaking a few rods this was well overdue.

100_0671_zpsc1a5b153.jpg

Have a solid aresnal of pieces.  Hope to get a few more for carp, flatheads, and sharks.  Come spring,  I will have 5 baitcasting setups for casting artificals for bass and other predatory fish.  Most setups are freshley spooled and ready to go.

100_0683_zps5094b884.jpg
100_0687_zps3bb28f33.jpg
100_0689_zps6247d5a1.jpg
100_0691_zps57991406.jpg

Found a Old New stock Pflueger reel.  I truely love this reel, smoothest reel i have ever owned, i have many spools for it so i will be using it as a spinning setup for bass/pickerel, and shad on my noodle rod with 8lb mono, 10lb braid, and 6lb mono on the spools.

100_0690_zps345ccf55.jpg

The Penn Fierce has definitly won me over.  I have never had a problem with this reel and it has caught me many schoolie stripers up to 30" without any problems.  The drag is smooth and the full aluminum body makes it super powerful and durable.  With its $60 price tag, i would guarentee its the best reel on the market for the price.  Currently my primary reel for jigging down the dam with a 3000 size, and i have a 4000 size for bigger plugs and topwater down there.  Both spooled with matching 20lb power pro, there are very few fish i can land with these setups.  I highly reccomend it.

100_0688_zpsce4ed020.jpg

Now these are the older Citica Bantam baitcasters.  I currently have collected 3 and hope to find more.  They are awesome and work flawlessly for their age.  Spooled with 15lb mono each.  They are made with a one piece aluminum frame, and are great for casting bigger plugs and big spinnerbaits.  I have landed all of my hybrid stripers this year on them, and they gave no play to these fish besides the drag i had set on them, true workhorses.  I can easily cast over the dam with a swimbait from the ladder wall,  which is a pretty long ways for a older baitcaster like these.  If you are browsing ebay and see one of these babys, you should consider picking one up. 

100_0685_zps29a8863b.jpg

Totally ready for the shad run with my lot of darts, spoons, and weights.

100_0677_zps83ccbe43.jpg

1/4oz and 3/8oz jig heads at the ready.

100_0696_zps5ae3863d.jpg

Tackle box, Tackle box, Tackle box.....

100_0697_zps2ed67725.jpg
100_0700_zps4ead5eff.jpg
100_0701_zps48613b53.jpg
100_0706_zps08fb7a4a.jpg
100_0707_zps0ef3b04b.jpg

Got any old CD cases laying around?  They make great spinnerbait holders.

100_0694_zps5d31f107.jpg

My plug collection is an ever growing wonder, hanging from the unused section of my garage door rails.

100_0708_zps12230251.jpg

Got this for nothing this year......

100_0692_zps2037d8b9.jpg

Walkies so me and my buddy can communicate when we split up on our kayaks or on foot.

100_0702_zpsa07f1ffb.jpg

My basstics.

100_0705_zpsc4f660f3.jpg

My collection of plastics and swimbaits for you know where ;)

100_0703_zps6d36b798.jpg

Anyone else got the fever?

The next time I get complaints from my significant other about the size of my fishing gear collection, I'll just show her these pix and say I could do this... I'm in love with your gear lol

#17 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:11 PM

I swore I would never become a tackle tart… Unfortunately, the likes of mr.fish and ILoveFishing both corrupted me. Both Mike and Chris have taught me a bunch and "lured" me to the dark side of fishing tackle. Thankfully, I'm still not close to the gear they have accumulated.

I long for the days when I had a few split shots, egg sinkers, shad darts and hair rigs in my backpack :D

#18 CO

CO

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

I call my downstairs "Cabela's"

When you fish for eveything, the gear really piles up

Then I have mini cabelas at my parents in Florida., I took over an entire closet in the guest bedroom. 

#19 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

Chris,

From what I can tell, you have maxed out on tackle itself. You need to get yourself an expensive esoteric storage system now. I suggest the Tanos Systainer line. Definitely should think about multi-color. Most people just use it for tools. (Me included) but I have been thinking of wasting a few grand putting my tackle in it too.

systainer%201%20boxen%20offen.jpg91fcce6f8d58549f53f6e259fcc6d088.jpgsystainer_slide4.jpgsystainerIndex1b.jpg8559d1405827476-taking-applications-new-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users