• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Decided to try my hand again at some more winter carping this morning. Today it felt more like winter. Yesterday the air temperature was flirting with 60 degrees and today it was close to the freezing point. The first two hours I spent bankside wishing I had taken my dogs for a brisk walk rather than standing and staring at my motionless float.

After two hours of futility, I was almost ready to call it a morning when I saw the float quiver. On the third subtle motion of the float I set and had my first Christmas Eve carp a fiesty 8 pound common. A short while later I netted a low double common. I decided to go for the trifecta and was not disappointed. My third and final carp was a beautiful ghost carp that the photos below do not do justice. Ghost carp always looks so much cooler when they are swimming freely under the water. The base of the dorsal fin on this fish looked as though it was illuminated.

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2232.jpg
  • IMG_2236.jpg

#2 Doc Watson

Doc Watson

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Merry Christmas, George !!  And, of course, everyone else here at PAC !!!!  :)

#3 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Awesome fish!  i never got to see a ghost carp yet!  Merry Christmas Guys!!

Itching for some fishing.

#4 WG

WG

PAC Regular

• Charter Member
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

Nice George!  Thanks God your back.......was wondering if you gave fishing up!! haha :) .....should we put a wager on the first "local" shad this year?? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users