Photo

Anybody subscribe to Mystery Tackle box or similar?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Illadelphia

Illadelphia

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationRight in the middle of it

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

So, I've subscribed to Mystery Tackle box before then I've changed to Lucky Tackle Box and I feel like it was a slight upgrade with regards to the value of the lures that were given.
For example, I've recieved two Yo Zuri lures a d3b and a top water prop as well as a Live Target bait ball popper from Lucky Tackle Box and the best lure from Mystery would be a River 2 Sea Spitting Wah frog.
Just wondering if you guys have had better luck else where or even if you guys think it's worth the money?

#2 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

It's nice to get a surprise in the mail every once in a while, but I steer clear of them. Even if you do get a good deal one month you might get something you'll never use the next month. I'd rather spend the money on exactly what I want.

#3 Illadelphia

Illadelphia

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

nick, I was starting to find what you say true with Mystery Tackle box, about half the hard baits and plastics they sent would mostly not be used by me so, I switched to Lucky Tackle Box and so far have been pleased.
I'm getting the new one for March today. I'll post pics when it arrives

#4 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

I use mystery tackle box. I switched it from a bass box to an ice fishing box in the winter and got some great stuff that i actually caught fish on. Ill switch to saltwater next month.
Itching for some fishing.

#5 Illadelphia

Illadelphia

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

I use mystery tackle box. I switched it from a bass box to an ice fishing box in the winter and got some great stuff that i actually caught fish on. Ill switch to saltwater next month.

I saw some of the ice fishing stuff, looked interesting. I'm thinking of doing the basshound field testing box after my lucky tackle subscription runs out. Or get nothing lol

#6 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

I am with Nick on this oneā€¦ I'd rather spend my money on exactly what I feel I need.

#7 Illadelphia

Illadelphia

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

Got the Lucky Tackle box today and here's what's in it

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#8 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Chris, I have heard the saltwater mystery tackle box is not well suited for the North East. It's mostly stuff for down south, rubber shrimps and what not.

#9 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

Oh yeah? Im getting it in a day or 2 so i guess ill find out then ha. This may be my last subscription after all!

#10 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

Let us know what you get. I'm curious to see.

#11 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

Will do. The bass stuff does get repetitive after a few boxes. The ice stuff however was very good stuff....looking forward to the salt box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users