• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

Arrived at the river dark and early trying to catch my first targeted walleye. I've captured walleye before, but never when I was purposely targeting them. My targeted walleye drought continues. In fact my spring drought continues… 0 for 5 so far this season.

I started jigging zooms… tried that for about an hour. The only thing I accomplished was losing a couple of jigs. I then decided to try throwing a blurple bomber. I shifted down river a bit and got comfortable in shin deep water.  As I was in the act of casting the bomber into the dark, there was an explosion in the water just to my left. Startled the crap out of me. Looked down to see a large branch cruise directly in front of me almost brushing my shins. I retrieved my bomber only to have it get hung on the drifting branch.

A tug of war ensued. I knew there must be a beaver at the other end of the branch. I've had encounters with this beaver before. I wanted my bomber back so I kept tugging. It was a stalemate for a bit, but then the beaver relented and I reeled in the branch and untangled my bomber.

The beaver was pissed. He wanted that branch back. I guess he was planning on having it for breakfast or adding it to his lodge. Violent tail slap after violent tail slap ensued. I set the branch at the edge of the water and decided to see just how bold this beaver was. I got my phone out and prepared to take some video. The beaver swam directly at me as I stood on the bank behind the branch. He exited the water grabbed his branch and dragged it back into the water. He swam away with branch in tow.

After the sun came up I threw for shad for about an hour. NOTHING. My drought continues.

#2 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

That beaver is always starting trouble. Sucks you couldent nab an eye....post spawn bite will be good soon and you can get them good in the fast water under the wall. Husky jerks....good job getting out. Water is 48 and rising!
Itching for some fishing.

#3 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

That beaver is always starting trouble. Sucks you couldent nab an eye....post spawn bite will be good soon and you can get them good in the fast water under the wall. Husky jerks....good job getting out. Water is 48 and rising!

I enjoy seeing that beaver. He definitely has attitude. I'm in his backyard and he's just letting me know who's boss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users