• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CredoMutwa

CredoMutwa

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hey all - just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. Been browsing the forum for a while and just became a member.

Grew up in Central Bucks 5 minutes from Lake Galena, but bought a house and moved to Upper Moreland about a year ago. Still learning the area and trying to find some nice holes. I'm looking into putting a boat at Curtains Marina in Burlington for some river fishing/fun, but for now I'm a bank guy.

Speaking of, I'd probably say my favorite freshwater fishing is carp. The bug bit back in middle school with a buddy fishing for striper all day, but having the most fun carping all night long from the dock on the Chesapeake. About two years ago I put together one of those European style carp pods with bite alarms. I have a rod setup for big carp using the rig and bring another rigged with a senko worm to look for bass. There's nothing like hearing that bite alarm scream though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to talking shop and learning from other members. There was a glitch in the website preventing new members from registering. I contacted the site administrator Louis and he promptly took care of it, but he noticed there hasn't been a new member for awhile. Now that it's fixed there should be some new blood! Tight lines!

#2 jirwin6985

jirwin6985

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

You did the opposite of me...I grew up in upper Moreland and now live ten minutes from galeena...there is a few ponds and lakes around down there but most are small..best bet is the rivers and penny pack creek down that way.

#3 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

Welcome to PAC... What size carp did you get from the Chesapeake? I too enjoy carp fishing and our two site admins Louis and Matt are as experienced and knowledgeable as they come. Looking forward to reading your posts.

#4 CredoMutwa

CredoMutwa

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

My buddy's uncle has a place at the mouth of the Chesapeake (north east river) on Carpenter's point. Would regularly pull 20-30 pound mirror/common carp. Still hunting for that monster. Hope to pick up some tips from the pros!

#5 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

The area you live in is a tough one fishing wise......not many bodies to fish.  Welcome!  Sent you a personal message on a few spots  i know in the area.

Itching for some fishing.

#6 hectorphilly

hectorphilly

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 14 posts
  • Locationwherever I need to be

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

I live in willow grove in I know a fee spots that hold big bass in carps so inbox me in I will let u know where they are welcome to the PAC

#7 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

My buddy's uncle has a place at the mouth of the Chesapeake (north east river) on Carpenter's point. Would regularly pull 20-30 pound mirror/common carp. Still hunting for that monster. Hope to pick up some tips from the pros!

Twenty to thirty pound carp regularly... you don't need any tips. Just continue haulin' What do you consider a monster carp?

#8 CredoMutwa

CredoMutwa

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

Unfortunately that friend and I drifted apart toward the end of high school. Different paths. The cottage has been in their family for 30-40 years and they've been carping since day 1. They've been making their own cornmeal based bait and chumming the whole time too. It's almost not fair when carping there; it's like they're trained.

I've never been able to replicate those results on local bodies of water, but I havent tried the river yet. Haven't been to the cottage in close to 15 years, hope it's still the spot I remember.

So I should've qualified- around the bucks/montco places I carp I can find some 8 - 12 lb nice fish. I'm looking for those monsters we used to pull out of the Chesapeake up here locally.

#9 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

Unfortunately that friend and I drifted apart toward the end of high school. Different paths. The cottage has been in their family for 30-40 years and they've been carping since day 1. They've been making their own cornmeal based bait and chumming the whole time too. It's almost not fair when carping there; it's like they're trained.

I've never been able to replicate those results on local bodies of water, but I havent tried the river yet. Haven't been to the cottage in close to 15 years, hope it's still the spot I remember.

So I should've qualified- around the bucks/montco places I carp I can find some 8 - 12 lb nice fish. I'm looking for those monsters we used to pull out of the Chesapeake up here locally.

They are in the rivers, but you are going to have to work for them. When you get one it will be more than worth it, because you'll know you've earned it. Good luck in your quest! If you catch a 30+ from local waters that is a trophy carp (Monster) from this locale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users