• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ILoveFishing

ILoveFishing

PAC Regular

• Club Member
  • 912 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

Been fishing the non tidal delaware pretty hard for the past week or so......one of my main goals this year was to target smallies and figure them out.  I did just that.  I always did mediocre with smallies....maybe a fish or 2 each trip.....i always saw others having 10+ fish trips and couldent figure out how.  Explored and fished hard a certain stretch of water and figured it out.  probably landed around 30 smallies within the past 3 trips.  Joes flies and fat alberts on a jig head took the fish.  Other fish came out to play as well......good size largemouth, channel catfish, and even some nice schoolie stripers with one going rouge at 32"! Amazing fight. and my PB striper on a lure.  that fish took a topwater spook intended for a large smallie....but ill definitely take it.  Only downside with the smallies is that most were small.....had a hard time breaking 12"  with only 2 fish doing that.  biggest probably 15".  George joined me yesterday and was able to get into some smallies too.  He also lost a snakehead too which was pretty cool.  Gona give the area a break for a little while and expand my search for more spots.   Heres the rouge bass that ate my topwater.......

striper%201_zpsncjewnjl.jpg

striper%202_zpsynaoqtji.jpg

Itching for some fishing.

#2 louis

louis

Administrator

• Admin
  • 161 posts
  • LocationItalian Market

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

I always found that I'd catch one or two big smallies over a course of several trips, or loads of tiny ratty ones. Interestingly I caught a few last weekend too, but on the way upper delaware- above the water gap. They were way small. We used to get some big ones below Francis E Walter dam, but it was the same story- either a few big ones or a million tiny ones at different times.

PS nice striper!

#3 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

Well done you fishing machine!

#4 matt

matt

knot conquistador

• Admin