• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jirwin6985

jirwin6985

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

Heading down end of next week through Labor Day gonna be staying right on the bay. Thinking schoolie stripers flounder and blue should be in order..dragging the kayak down as well I used to fish iri and chp a ton but it has been a few years and I know they dredged and the peir changed a bit after burning down..not looking for spot but any tackle lure reccomendations to bring? Was thinking a mh Kistler lta 7 ft rod 3000 sized reel and toss buck tails and flukes? Anything biting I might be missing bigger rod for Seanad or anything?

#2 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Probably find some triggers, spades, and croaked too. What's a seanad?

#3 jirwin6985

jirwin6985

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hah sea bass sorry it was late and posting from my phone. Thanks triggers would be fun to catch! We are staying on fenwick island debating bringing the kayak or
Not. Triggers are similar to fishing tog right ringht structure like bridges and use crabs and shrimp as bait?

#4 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

Yup. They have smaller mouths though. Go a little smaller with the hook size than you would for tog. I like a longer shank, too, in order to keep my fingers away from those teeth.

#5 jirwin6985

jirwin6985

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

Perfect thanks I'll give that a try I think I have some really long shank fluke hooks that should work well

#6 Nick with a K

Nick with a K

Sir

• Charter Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

I like using a size 1, or 1/0 Virginia style, or sproat hook. I've seen a lot of guys use 1/0 circles, but like I said, I like to keep my fingers away from teeth.

#7 jirwin6985

jirwin6985

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:14 AM

Still going down looks like I'm gonna get rained out though can't catch a break lol. O well I may give it a go depending on how bad it's raining but we will see

#8 jirwin6985

jirwin6985

PAC Lurker

• Club Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

Well moving on to plan b I planned on staying and weathering the storm maybe doing some finishing in the rain(can really launch them plugs with a southerly wind but the inlaws are chicken info out and want to leave even though we just got here..back to pa maybe I'll do some carping before I go back to work on Tuesday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users