#1 Raomel

Raomel

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hello All, 

I went trout fishing years ago, went fish crazy, and bought all kinds of equipment...scouring Craigslist for rods/reels/lures, etc. It was bad...an addiction. I'm sure none of you can relate...lol. But life had other plans, and I've barely found the time (3-4 times /year) to fish since. I'm looking to increase that time on the water...and add to my minuscule "Fish" Folder on my FB Page...especially considering that I live minutes (7 min bike ride) from the Schuylkill. 

I've almost always fished from the banks/shore and my boat experience is limited to a couple "Party" boats in Abescon. If there is anyone on here who is interested in fishing together, let me know. I welcome the opportunity to meet some like minded fishermen/women and share/build knowledge. 

Thus Far, I've caught - Bass (Smallmouth, Largemouth, Rock, Sea, Striper), Catfish (Schuykill Dam) and most recently, a 24" Pickrel. 

My largest was the 10lb Catfish at the dam. I can tie 1 fishing knot (Uni) and only use artificial bait on a spinning reel (Stradic C14+). 

Tight Lines... 

#2 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Welcome Raomel... This site ain't what it used to be, but it is packed with a lot of excellent information regarding our local waters. Good luck with your angling pursuits on our urban waterways!

#3 Raomel

Raomel

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Thx. It's a shame there aren't more "active" anglers on here. I was looking fwd to linking up with some people...

#4 Carpadelphiamike215

Carpadelphiamike215

PAC Lurker

• Registered Guest
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Hi guys name is mike am from the Philadelphia area and love to carp fish, it my passion and and sport to me now hope everyone’s catching and releases to recapture and see how big they get In the future

#5 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

Thx. It's a shame there aren't more "active" anglers on here. I was looking fwd to linking up with some people...

Unfortunately, you are a few years late to the PAC forum. The plethora of alternative social media outlets has had a major impact on many online forums. Don't let it slow you down. The best part of fishing is exploring new techniques and territories. I fish approximately 150 days a year... 90 percent of those sessions are by myself... Good luck!

#6 GC

GC

PAC Junkie

• Charter Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hi guys name is mike am from the Philadelphia area and love to carp fish, it my passion and and sport to me now hope everyone’s catching and releases to recapture and see how big they get In the future

Welcome Mike... I too enjoy carp fishing... We are fortunate to have such a great carp fishery in our local Philadelphia waters. Good luck! What is your largest carp caught from the local waters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users